The Arizona Legislative District 17 Republican Committee represents local registered Republicans in most of Chandler, parts of Gilbert and all of Sun Lakes. We are Republicans, just like you!
- We believe in American exceptionalism.
- We believe the United States of America is unlike any other nation on earth.
- We believe America is exceptional because of our historic role — first as refuge, then as defender, and now as exemplar of liberty for the world to see.
We meet the 4th Tuesday of every month 7:oo PM behind Tri-City Baptist Church, Heritage Chapel, Rm. 140, 2211 W. Germann Rd., Chandler, AZ.
Our Executive Board
- Presides over all meetings of the District organization and Executive Board.
- Represents the District as a member of the Maricopa County Executive Guidance Committee.
- Appoints all committee chairmen, except the chairmanship of the nominating committee, with the advice and consent of the Executive Board.
- Assigns and control access to financial accounts of the district through the authorized Banking Institution the district utilizes.
- Keeps members of the District organization informed of the activities of the District, County, and State Committees.
- Performs duties of the Chairman in his absence.
- Chairman of the Programs Committee.
- Chairman of the Legislative Liaison Committee.
- Presides at meetings when Chairman and First Vice-Chairman are absent.
- Chairman of the Precinct Committeeman Recruitment and Education Committee.
- Keeps roster of the Officers, Precinct Captains, Precinct Committeemen, and elected Officials of the District.
- Precinct Committeeman Coordinator.
- Coordinates precinct committeeman petition drives.
- Chairman of the Voter Registration Committee.
- Chairman of the Fund Raising/Events Committee.
- Records minutes of all the regular District meetings, Executive Board meetings, and special meetings.
- Maintains the District’s permanent records.
- Conducts correspondence and communications for chairman and executive board.
- Communicates notices of District meetings to committeemen.
- Custodian of District funds.
- Pay all bills upon the authorization of the Chairman.
- Keeps an account of all the moneys received and disbursed.
- Reports accounting at regular meetings and as requested by the chairman.
- Chairman of the Finance and Budget Committee.
- Publishes annual report to the District and such other reports as required by law.
- Submits all required financial reports to the state, county and municipalities.